The Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) has been enacted by the Parliament and has come into force from 15 June, 2005. This Act provides for right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority. All Universities and Colleges established by law made by Parliament or by State Legislature or by notification by the appropriate Government or owned, controlled or substantially financed directly or indirectly by funds provided by the Government shall come within the meaning of a Public Authority.
Public Authority: Central University of Punjab
Public Information Officer (PIO): Mr Robin Jindal
Public Relation Officer
Central University of Punjab
City Campus, Mansa Road, Bathinda-151001
Appellate Authority: Mr. Kanwal Pal Singh Mundra,
Central University of Punjab
City Campus, Mansa Road,Bathinda-151001
Tel / Fax: 0164-2864106
Right to Information Act, 2005
|RTI Act in English|
RTI Information Manual Content Page
How to Apply
The person seeking information under RTI Act, 2005 may apply
A request for obtaining information shall be accompanied by an application fee as detailed below.
The rates of fees payable for obtaining information under RTI Act, 2005 are as under:
- RTI Information Manual Content Page 2021
- on a plain paper to Public Information Officer, Central University of Punjab
- giving particulars of information being sought and
- his/her correct address for communication
- A request for obtaining information under sub section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of
- cash to be deposited at University Accounts Section against proper receipt
- demand draft /bankers cheque /IPO payable in favour of Central University of Punjab, payable at Bathinda
- For providing the information under subsection (1) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash to be deposited with University Accounts Section against proper receipt or by demand draft/ bankers cheque / IPO in favour of “Central University of Punjab” payable at Bathinda at the following rates:
- Rupees two for each page (in A4 or A3 size paper) created or copied
- Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- For inspection of records,
- no fee for the first hour;
- a fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes or fraction thereof on each occasion for the same case.
- For providing the information under sub section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash to be deposited with University Accounts Section against proper receipt or by demand draft/ bankers cheque / IPO in favour of “Central University of Punjab” payable at Bathinda at the following rates:
- For information provided in diskette or floppy, rupees fifty per diskette or floppy
- For providing information in printed form at the price for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.