Prof. (Dr.) Jagbir Singh
Chancellor, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda.
Former Head, Department of Punjabi, University of Delhi.
Visiting Professor, Centre on Studies in Guru Granth Sahib, Amritsar.
Former Adjunct Professor, Department of Religious and Civilizational Studies,
SGGS World University, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab.
Life Fellow, Punjabi University, Patiala.
Member, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Society, Shimla. (Nominated by MHRD)
Residence: WZ- 707/C, Street No. 18, Shiv Nagar, Jail Road, New Delhi – 110058.
Contact: 09871598125. Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.panjabialochana.com (Creator & Administrator) (Website Dedicated to Punjabi Literary and Cultural Studies).
Area of Specialization: Gurbani, Folklore, Fiction, Literary Theory, Religious and Civilizational Studies.
Teaching / Research Experience: More than 50 years.
Research Guidance: PhD Theses: 14 M. Phil. Dissertations: 30.
Awards and Prizes: (Some of the Prominent Awards)
- Shiromani Punjabi Sahitkar, Award, (2016) (Bhasha Vibhag, Punjab.
- Param Sahit Satkar Sanman (2014) (Punjabi Academy, Delhi)
- Guru Nanak Dev Achievers Award (2019) (Eminent Educationist). (Government of Punjab)
- Punjabi Translation Prize (2004). (Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi).
- Gurbakhsh Singh Preetlari Vartak Award (1989) and (2002) (Punjabi Academy, Delhi).
- Punjabi Sahit Sewa Sanman (1991) (Punjabi Academy, Delhi)
- And others.
Associated with Various Institutions and their Projects:
- Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature (Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi) (Contributor)
- History of Punjabi Literature (Punjabi Academy, Delhi) (Contributor)
- Encyclopaedia of Indian Poetics (Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi) (Contributor)
- Centre on Studies in Sri Guru Granth Sahib (GND University Amritsar) (Advisor)
- Encyclopaedia of Hinduism (Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh), Published by Rupa and (Associate Editor)
- Member, Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla. (Nominated by MHRD)
Research Projects Awarded/Completed:
- Junior Research Fellowship: UGC “Guru Nanak Bani Vich Naitikta da Sankalp” (1967-70).
- Major Research Project: UGC “Guru Granth Sahib as a Discourse of Human Freedom and Dalit Consciousness” (2002-2005).
- Senior Fellowship: Ministry of Culture Govt. of India: “Indian Poetics and Western Literary Theory: A Dialogical Perspective.” (2005-2007).
- Senior Fellowship: Punjabi University, Patiala: “Madhkali Punjabi Sahit de Samaj-Sabhiacharak Sarokar te Sandarbh” (2009-2012).
- Senior Fellowship: IASE (D) University, Rajasthan: “Interfaith Dialogue and Understanding in Guru Granth Sahib” (2013-2015.)
- Life Fellowship: Punjabi University, Patiala. (Awarded in 2012). Life-Time Award
Books Published: 20
- Guru Nanak Bani Vich Naitikta da Sankalp, (Bhasha Vibhag, Punjab, Patiala, 1973).
- Bani Sansar, (Ravinder Prakashan, New Delhi, 1974).
- Punjabi Sahit da Itihas (Adi Kal, Bhakti Kal), (G.N.D University, Amritsar, 1983).
- Madhkali Shabad Sabhiachar, (Ravinder Prakashan, New Delhi, 1989).
- Birtantak Galp: Sidhant te Samikhia, (Arsi Publications, New Delhi, 1992).
- Samikhia Vihar, National Book Shop, Delhi, 1997).
- Gurbani: Vishavdrishti te Vichardhara, (Wellwish Publishers, New Delhi, 1997).
- Punjabi Galp Sansar, (Wellwish Publishers, New Delhi, 1999).
- Shabad Te Samvad, (Manpreet Prakashan, New Delhi, 2001).
- Gurmat Kav da Itihas, (Panjabi Academy, Delhi.2004).
- Samkali Punjabi Birtant (Chetna Prakashan, Ludhiana, 2006).
- Madhkali Path Vartman Paripekh (National Book Trust, India 2006).
- Manav Mukti ate Dalit Chetna da Pravachan: Guru Granth Sahib (Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, 2007).
- Gurmat Kav: Sidhant te Vihar (Chetna Prakashan, Ludhiana) 2011
- Pachhami Sahit Sidhant Ate Bharati Kav Shastar (Punjabi University, Patiala. 2012).
- Guru Granth Sahib di Samkalin Sarthakta te Prasangikta (Punjabi University, Patiala) 2012.
- Interfaith Dialogue in Sri Guru Granth Sahib: Civilizational Context (Punjabi University, Patiala.) 2016.
- Sanrachanavad, Uttar-Sanrachanavad Ate Poorabi Kav- Shastar (Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, 2002).
- Khalsa: Itihas te Vichardhara (Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar 2002).
- Sewa Sadan (A Novel by Munshi Prem Chand) (National Book Trust, India, New Delhi).
- Mere Pind De Rasiey, (National Book Trust, India, New Delhi).
Special Lectures as Resource Person: More than 100
About 100 Lectures as Resource Person at Refresher Courses Organized by Staff Colleges of Various Universities.
Seminars and Conferences Attended: More than 150
More than 150 National and International Seminars/Conferences organised by Various Universities and Institutions. (Presented Papers/Chaired Sessions)
Some of the Important Papers Presented at National / International Conferences:
- Mystico-Ethical Vision of Baba Farid, (Presented at Baba Farid International Conference, Lahore, Pakistan, 1989.)
- Sikhism and Dalit Liberation, (Presented at Inter-Religious Dialogue on Dalit Liberation, Gurukul Theological College, Madras, 1994.)
- Semiotic Study of Punjabi Folktales, (9th Congress of International Society for Folk- Narrative Research, C.I.I.L., Mysore, 1995.)
- Transformation of Knowledge and Ideology in Adi Granth: A Semiological Perspective (Indian Congress on Knowledge and Language, C.I.I.L., Mysore, 1996.)
- Punjabi Novel of the Last Decade of Twentieth Century (Progressive Writers Association of Great Britain, Wolver Hampton, 1999.)
- Global Chetana Ate Panjabi Adab, (World Panjabi Conference, Lahore, 2002.)