- Prof Monisha Dhiman
- Dr Vinod Kumar
- Dr Satwinder Singh
- Dr Dhanya MS
- Dr Kiran K Singh
- Dr Kamlesh Yadav
- Dr Jubliee Padmanabhan
- Dr Rakesh Kumar
- Dr Biswajit Behera
Objectives of the Tinkering lab
- To provide curious minds platforms to learn through “do it yourself” where they can experiment with, learn and conceptualize various scientific ideas.
- To foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds.
- To instill professional and personal skills in various fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- To inculcate a desire for enquiry-based learning and oscillate the students towards the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Project based learning of basic principle of science from nature.
Activities of the Cell
- Organize visits of the young students from the local schools and colleges and expose them with the sophisticated instruments and laboratories of the university which will develop their interest to pursue the higher studies which otherwise is very low in Punjab.
- Faculty of the university will deliver lectures on various current and upcoming issues which help them to shed their inhibitions and help them to think in innovative way.
- Training workshops for the school teachers
- Organize Science fairs and exhibitions to showcase the innovative thinking of the students.
- Provide ambience and tools for practically experiencing the theories students learn in the classroom.
- Training the teachers of nearby schools to conduct STEM practicals with real life examples.
Visit of DAV school students
Rajendra College Students in Pharmaceutical Sciences Laboratory
Teacher’s Training Workshop on “Olympiads”
School students learning about circuits
Two-day Teacher’s Training Workshop 27-28 April 2019
Plan and execute learning experiments in the fields of chemistry, physics, biology, computer engineering, environmental sciences and geology.
To work on the projects with the students related to local problems such as contamination of water and its source, alternative to stubble burning, conservation of natural resources for sustainable development.
Inspiring young minds to take science as career
To develop tinkering center of the Central University of Punjab as important hub in state and National level.
To develop prototype models of basic science theories and can be placed for display in tinkering centre.
To develop a repository of autobiography/science fictions to encourage and motivate the students for science.