The Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone regardless of color, religious belief or cultures. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it is also committed to ensuring the protection of everyone including the members of Other Backward Classes (OBC) and acting as per the provisions of constitution of India in such matters.
Establishment of the Cell
The Other Backward Classes Cell at the Central University of Punjab, Bathinda was established in the year 2015 as a part of SC/ST/OBC and Minorities cell, and in 2021 has been created as an independent cell to empower the OBC students, staff and faculty members. OBC cell has been set up in the university to ensure proper implementation of directives, policies, and various schemes of Govt. of India (GoI), Ministry of Education (MoE), University Grants Commission (UGC) and other Ministries concerning the welfare of the community.
Main Objectives of OBC Cell:
- To educate, enlighten and strengthen the students, staff, and faculty members of OBC categories/community in the university to make use of the facilities extended by the Govt. and other agencies for their educational and occupational career opportunities.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in the University and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programs of the GoI, MoE and UGC.
- To organize the Continuing Education Programs (CEPs) for the students, researchers, teachers and non-teaching staff of the university to update their knowledge and skills.
Functions of the OBC Cell:
- To circulate the orders and other circulars of central and state schemes issued by the GoI, MoE, UGC, other Ministries and University.
- To collect and update the records regularly on the Program - wise and Department - wise admission of OBC-candidates in the University.
- To maintain and update a database of staff/faculty belonging to the OBC community in the University.
- To circulate the orders and other circulars of various schemes issued by GoI, MoE, other Ministries and UGC.
- To circulate reports, orders and information issued by GoI, MoE and UGC on the various aspects of Education, Training and Employment of OBC candidates.
- To monitor the working of the Coaching Schemes pertaining to new education policy (NEP) 2020 in the University for OBC students.
- To organize and monitor special coaching/training/ remedial coaching schemes in the University for OBC students to prepare them for UGC-NET/SLET/JRF/SET/other Competitive Examinations.
- To coordinate through university with Govt. (Central & State), UGC and such other organizations to get Scholarship/fee reimbursement/other financial benefits for the OBC students.
- Any other works assigned by the University from time to time, to promote higher education among OBC students and staff.
- The OBC Cell will exclusively look after the work related to the OBC community only.
Notification of Reconstitution of OBC Cell dated 16.01.2023
Contact Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the Cell
|1.||Dr. Rajesh Kumar
|3.||Dr. Deep Singh
|2.||Dr. Jeyavel Sundramoorthy
|4.||Dr. Ramanpreet Kaur,
|5.||Dr. Dhanya MS,
|Ms. Charu Yadav
|6.||Mr. Mukesh Kumar,
- Govt. of India guidelines for Reservation Policy for SCs/STs/OBCs
- Format of SC/ST/OBC/PwD Certificate as per Govt. of India
- National Commission for Backward Classes
Activities of Cell
Students of Govt. Public School, Ghudda and PSEB Adarsh Senior Secondary School, Nandgarh visited the Central University of Punjab as a part of Societal Outreach program for motivating school students towards higher education.
Encouraging the students to perform and display their talent and felicitating them with the mementoes.
The members of the OBC cell planted tree saplings to spread the message of conservation of the ecological environment.