Highlights of Research Infrastructure
- Well-equipped tissue culture laboratories for plant, animal, human and cell-lines culturing and a Molecular Genetics laboratory having 96 capillary 3730XL high throughput DNA sequencer, RT PCR, Gradient PCR, UV-Visual Spectrophotometer, automated karyotyping system, Electrophoresis units, Gel documentation system, high precision water baths, Ultra-low temperature deep freezers, high speed cooling centrifuges, Vacuum Concentrator, NanoDrop 3000, CO2 incubators, and Millipore water purification systems have been established at the City Campus, to supplement the existing state of the art Biosciences, Chemical Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences laboratories.
- Walk in cold room facility with three different temperature regimes available for short and medium term storage of biological materials for periods up to ten years.
- A growth house and a screen house for multiplication and conservation of endangered plant species.
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, Gas Chromatographic Mass Spectrometer,Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer and Microvoltameterhave been added to the central instrumentation facility.
- Field-Emission Scanning Electron microscope, Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope with Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy and other sophisticated equipment being addedas central facility.
Highlights of the Computer Centre
- An air-conditioned Computer Centre equipped with over 150 desktop computers having latest software and high speed internet connectivity through two lease lines (20 Mbps and 100 Mbps) and 1Gbps NKN Link
- Six high-end work stations with 6-core processors, 3D graphic card, 8GB RAM for high capacity, faster cssomputations and 42 inch LED monitors are there for molecular modelling and computer-aided drug designing.
- Blade Server with capacity for 16 blades. The present number of populated blades is twelve, each with 16 GB RAM.
- Apple iMacs Systems with 8GB memory and 1 TB hard disk