Contract Teaching Posts Instructions
- Essential Qualifications for Assistant Professors/Guest Faculty:
- As per UGC regulations on minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in higher education July 2018
- For faculty positions of Department for Computer Science & Technology, minimum eligibility conditions will be as per AICTE 2019 regulations and its amendments from time to time.
- For faculty positions of Department for Education and Physical Education, minimum eligibility conditions will be as per NCTE 2014 regulations and its amendments from time to time for M.Ed. / M.P.Ed.
- For the Department of Pharmacology, in addition to point No. 1 above, qualification as per Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) guidelines is required for the posts of Assistant Professor.
- For the Department of Financial Administration, It is clarified that Master degree, NET/Ph.D. (as applicable) must be qualified in subject of Commerce.
- For the Department of Applied Agriculture (Agribusiness), Master’s degree, NET/Ph.D. degree in Agribusiness is required for the post of Assistant Professor in addition to point No. 1 above.
- Desirable qualifications for all subjects/departments/posts: PhD+NET and publications in peer reviewed and high impact journals is desirable.
- Subjects for which NET or a similar tests accredited by the UGC are not conducted then, the tests conducted by prescribed regulatory bodies like ICAR, AICTE(GATE, GPAT) etc. will be required in place of UGC-CSIR-NET.
- Medium of instructions for teaching is English, except in Department of Hindi and Department of Punjabi.
- Applicants for the posts of Assistant Professor to fill the shortlisting criteria strictly in the format provided in UGC Regulations-2018 at Table 3A of Appendix II.
- Kindly note that in addition to the soft copy/online application, hard copy duly signed by the candidate is also required for technical reasons.
- The fee for SC/ST/PWD applicants is nil and for others the fee is Rs. 100.
- No column should be left blank.
- If the candidate is selected, she/he will be required to submit Aadhaar number within one month of joining.
- Billing Address is the address of Credit/Debit card holder.