DigiLocker and NAD are initiatives of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) respectively. The concept of National Academic Depository (NAD) is born out of an initiative by MHRD to provide a 24X7 online depository to Academic institutions to store and publish their academic awards. The digital depository not only ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award but also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
It aspires to make the vision of Digital Academic awards for every Indian a reality.
Nodal Officer NAD
Dr. Balwinder Pal Garg, Controller of Examinations
Features of NAD
- Operates in fully online mode
- Allows Academic Institutions to lodge Academic Awards in digital format and maintains the integrity of the awards
- Allows Students to retrieve their lodged academic awards at any time
- Allows Employers and other persons (with consent of the concerned Student) to verify the authenticity of any Academic Award
- Maintains the authenticity, integrity and confidentiality
Benefits of NAD
- Globally recognized and legally valid awards under IT Act, 2000
- Secure Issuance of Digital Awards in students’ DigiLocker account
- Access to Millions of Digital awards from single source of truth
- Reduces and Eliminates circulation of fake certificates
- Consent based Online and Reliable Verification process
- No risk of losing or spoiling of Academic awards
- Easily sharable & verifiable with anybody
How to get your Awards
- Create your DigiLocker Account (Register using DigiLocker website (digilocker.gov.in) or mobile app (android and iOS) with your mobile number or Aadhaar).
- Select Board /University /Institution (Search your Board /University /Institution in DigiLocker).
- Enter requisite details (Fill required details such as Roll No. and Year of Passing).
- Pull academic awards (Once submitting the details, DigiLocker will search for your requested award and it will be saved in your ‘Issued Document’)